Saturday, March 17, 2012

Blake and Marla take Golden Princess to Hawaii 2012 Day 4

Saturday February 18th

At Sea



Up again this morning to work out in the gym. It was getting busier. But after a couple minutes of wait I was able to get on the treadmill. It was another good workout. I am feeling very stiff from sleeping. I am enjoying the sleep I get but I am not getting much sleep. For some reason I am waking up at five o'clock each morning. What a pain. An hour or so later I can get off for a pre-breakfast workout and then my usual breakfast. I am back to having one egg and one small piece of sausage. It seems to do me pretty well.



Marla and I hung out in the room after I had my swim. I have decided that the pool information on the television is all lies. If that was really 30 degrees Celsius then I am Howdy Doody. Brrrrrr. The hot tubs are nice though.



We went out for British Pub food in the Crown Grill for lunch. We spent it with a nice couple from Indiana. We talked about education, politics, first nations, and civics. It was an interesting time. I had a curry which was pretty good.



We shopped our way back to the room and caught a bit of Midnight In Paris. I like that movie. The trouble with seeing movies on a cruise ship is that you see them on the installment plan. And usually you don't see them in order. Normally you catch the middle section but have to go, then the next time you are sort of familiar with it so you see the end. Eventually you can catch the beginning and it all seems to make sense now.



It was time for supper so we went down to the Bernini room for supper. We had our picture taken, again, this time it was more casual and out of the seven shots we got only one. The photographer actually got one of me that made me look like a total gomer. So getting one out of seven is a good thing.



For supper we were celebrating our anniversary. It was an international menu – Marla had a really horrible lobster pasta and I had so-so frogs legs. It was a bad appetizer for Marla too so she shared some of my fried mozzarella. I am an easy sharer since I have so little anyways. Desert was excellent and then they topped it off by giving us more chocolate cake. I had far and away enough. This was by far the worst meal of our trip.


To see photos from our cruise to Hawaii go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/56705607@N00/sets/72157629184705956/

No comments:

Post a Comment