Sunday, March 18, 2012

Blake and Marla go to Niwiliwili, Hawaii 2012 Day 7



February 22, 2012


Nawiliwili, Lihue, Kauai


I was up early looking for whales today. I didn't see any but did watch us dock the ship. It is a magical Island view as you come into port. I went for the usual breakfast and then came back to the room ready to go do the laundry. It was a good time to catch up on new most of my writing. I started a new story and that was kind of fun. I love beginning things.


I love the name of the port here in Kauai - Nawiliwili. It actually sounds like something the knights in Spamalot would say. But it is a very pretty port, you can hear the calls and crows of the feral chickens of the island. It is extremely green and nestled in the valley between two walls of tropical mountains.


Marla was feeling a little under the weather and was having some trouble with her sleeping so I tucked her in and went body surfing at a nearby beach. Kalapaki beach is a beauty of a little sand beach only 15 minutes away from the cruise ship dock. It has everything that a cheapy cruisey like me likes. Soft sand, free access, stores nearby, warm water, even a shower. I tried out my surf flippers and I think I need more practice with them. I bopped about in the surf for 45 minutes or so. It was a really nice beach and I would like to go back there. The waves were big enough to give me a good ride but small enough not to be a threat. The water was pretty warm and nice and clean. I strolled back to the ship – it is only about 10 minutes for the walk.


When I got back Marla and I just chose to have a relaxing afternoon. We went for lunch but the dining rooms were closed so we went to the Horizon Court for some food. Then it was off to the pool and relaxing in the hot tub. The water was very warm and nice. There was a movie playing on the Movies Under The Stars screen – Footloose the new version. Some movies don't really need to be remade.


We had enough but just as we did we passed the pizza place so we tried the Hawaiian Pizza. I am getting so that I don't mind pizza without the bread. We had the drink of the day – a Maui Colada and Marla had a 24K Margarita. That was enough to put us to sleep for a while so it was nap time.


When we got up we took a stroll and then went for an early supper. We were able to eat at Cid's section again. I like him, he tries hard and knows us. We finished off our bottle of Redmond Wine. Then we came back to the room for an early start on the next day.


To view pictures of our day in Nawiliwili Kauai go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/56705607@N00/sets/72157629185076418/

No comments:

Post a Comment