Tuesday, March 27, 2012

56 +1

Today kind of sucked. For most people Mondays suck because they are back to work and have surrender their weekend for labour. I enjoy Mondays - they are like a 'do-over' for me. A chance to start the week fresh, feel good about yourself, and moving forward. All well and good except I was sick :( So I stayed home and treated myself nice for the day.


Marla had to go to the eye doctor so I took her and then we went for lunch at John'
s Place. John's is one of our favourite places to go and on a weekday you can actually get in. Because I wasn't feeling well I had their meatloaf which is really really good.
It is served on a bed of mashed potatoes which I don't eat and since I am over 56 I got the senior's size which was more than enough for me. In truth I ate only about half of it and Marla got the rest. She liked it too but she much preferred her Belgian Waffle. It had whipped cream, chocolate and cream cheese on it. I am sure it would pretty much kill me. So I let her enjoy it. I did, however, nibbled on her orange. me.
We came home and I settled down on the couch. When I am not feeling well I like to watch movies and drift on and off. We watched the new Three Musketeers and Killer Elite. I would have been better off sleeping. What a waste of time and film. Still, tomorrow is a better day, so I am hanging in for Tuesday. I have a hockey game - a playoff game for the Royals - to work on and lots of stuff to do at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment