Sunday, March 18, 2012

Blake and Marla At Sea return to LA - Day 11




February 26, 2012



At Sea – At Rough Seas



Well the cold turned to wind and rough. We are getting 12ft waves that are approaching the ship at an angle. There is a lot of rocking back and forth and thankfully for the stablizers just a little rolling. I probably switched those terms. It doesn't seem to affect Marla or me. I think we actually are sleeping better.





I was up and at'em fairly early so I headed up to the gym for my work out. I appear to have run the gamit of Princess Television Entertainment so lately I have been watching Howard Morton documentaries on Great 20th Century Music. I watched his session on the Beatles on the flight down, and on the boat I have watched Leonard Bernstein, and Alfred Hitchcock's composer Bernard Herman.



It is a good diversion. I must be working a lot harder because I am getting pretty sweaty up there. So I took myself up to the Horizon Grill to have breakfast. I haven't really mentioned my breakfasts up to now. They are pretty redundant because I am quite used to having the same thing each day. I have one poached egg and usually a little fruit and call it a meal. I was quite happy to spend some time chatting with one of the waiters and we had some nice chats about music and video.





Marla and I went down and reviewed all of our photographs from the ships photographers. We bought a nice pair so they will add to the collection nicely. Then we went to the Wheelhouse Bar looking for a place to get away and read. Instead we got involved in a tequila tasting. It was pretty good and the presenter was actually quite good.





We got in our traditional afternoon nap and then got set to go to the Academy Awards. They had the Awards on the Movies Under The Stars big screen (way too cold and windy) and in the Vista lounge where the bingo game delayed the seating so our seats were not the best, but soon some people in front of us left and we moved forward. These were better. We teamed up with the couple beside us for the trivia challenge. We got 16 out of 24. Which was pretty good since the winner only got 19 out of 25.





The Academy Awards were fair. Billy Crystal was his usual good but the rest was pretty badly written. The In Memoriam was awful, you couldn't read any of the names in their artistically written graphics. Also the whole show was not consistently themed. It looked like it was designed by committee. When the show was over we stayed and talked to the male member of the team beside us. His name was Richard and he is a travel agent from Chicago. He gave us some good advice about doing back to back cruises. He says to change ships and cruise lines mid-way. It is a good idea.





We were late for supper so we went to the Donatello dining room and got a table way in the back. It was nice and an enjoyable meal. We had a little Serbian girl for the dining assistance and a rather mature waiter. But they did take good slow care of us.



To see pictures of our relaxing day at see go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/56705607@N00/sets/72157629550325913/

No comments:

Post a Comment