Saturday, March 17, 2012

Blake and Marla take Golden Princess to Hawaii 2012 Day 3

Friday, February 17th,

At Sea



It was another night of gentle rocking in our beds as the ocean lulled us to sleep. Just a few days out to sea and I have nothing but admiration for those sailors who have plied these waters in much smaller crafts. I think mostly in their ability to keep their lunches down and stamina required for the voyage. We didn't get seasick with the movement of the waters but a few of the people have complained about it.



I was up really early and had a good hour long work out in the gym. It was too cold and rough to go outside so I limited my work out to the treadmill and weight machines. Then it was off to the hot tub for a bit of a soak and relaxing. The pool was warm but kind of rough. It was almost like body surfing which was kinda fun. Then I met Marla back in the room. Room service had come and she was enjoying her coffee on the balcony.



We went out for lunch finding more places on the ship. We listened the the Hawaiian singers in the atrium and otherwise had an enjoyable afternoon. We keep meeting nice people as we share our lunches in the dining room. I much prefer the dining rooms over the buffet.



Marla went to the spa for a stone massage and I went down to the atrium to listen to some of the Hawaiian music and do some more writing. It is nice to have the opportunity to take this time and write some of my thoughts as we travel along.



Tonight was the first formal night so we got all dressed up and looking good. Marla looked especially good. She doesn't get a chance to dress up very often and this is a nice opportunity for her. And it is an even better opportunity for me to see her extra prettied up. We had some pictures taken in our nice attire and then went off for dinner.



Our formal night was very nice, we were in a group with three other couples and had a good time. The arrangement had a rather large space between Marla and me so I found myself sitting beside and interesting fellow who in his time was a sailor, policeman, innkeeper and stevedore. I think one of the more fascinating things about these cruises is the chance to talk with older more mature people who have so much experience. The most common thing we run into is people saying “We may be Americans but we are not our politicians.” It was very nice to see that most of the gentlemen were in suits or tuxes. I am fond of formal nights and this one didn’t let me down.



Once again we were completely worn out so it was off to bed.


To see photos from our second day at sea go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/56705607@N00/sets/72157629184705956/

No comments:

Post a Comment