Saturday, March 17, 2012

Blake and Marla take Golden Princess to Hawaii 2012 Day 2

Thursday, February 16th

At Sea



Well it was a bumpy night as the ship moved through the ocean. After a few minutes however we had no challenges in falling asleep and Marla and I showed no sign of seasickness. I woke up at about 5:30am but finally got up at 6. I wanted to go for a walk on the outside of the ship but it was simply too cold. So I did a great walk on the treadmill to start my day.


I got Marla up about 9am with room service bringing coffee into our room. She enjoys morning pastries but for me I have to go to the Horizon Buffet to get myself some eggs and better protein for breakfast. All their eggs come in pairs which are way too much for me to eat so I have my one and be happy with that. The ship is pretty rocky riding the relatively small waves. They are only about 1.5 meters high but there is a definite swerve and sway to the ship's path.


The view actually reminds me of driving in Saskatchewan. The horizon is a straight line bisecting the scene horizontally with a blue sea where a golden wheat field should be. The sky is very similar to a prairie landscape. I wish I could paint because the tones of colour and light are very beautiful. At 11am there was a gathering of CruiseCritic people up in the Skywalker's Nightclub. We went up and met a few nice people from this event. We met a kind of crasher there to the party, she was more like a stumble in-er but still a really interesting lady named Amanda.


We explored the ship a little more. There are some stores on board and some events to participate in but frankly we would rather read or enjoy each other's company more. Lunch was good and after we took in a bit of the future sailings show but it got a little dull so we went back to our room for a nap. The ship rocks a lot back and forth, to and fro in this part of the ocean, it is not all that bad, and actually kind of hypnotic and it does make us rather sleepy.


We six pm rolled around we went down towards the princess theater to get good seats to see Kevin Hughes. He is a favourite cruise ship comedian of ours and it was a treat to see him again. We stayed for both of his shows and by the time he was done we were ready to turn in. We are becoming such pumpkins.



To see more pictures of our first day at Sea go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/56705607@N00/sets/72157629184698642/

No comments:

Post a Comment