Sunday, March 18, 2012

Blake and Marla At Sea return to LA - Day 12



Monday, February 27th,


At Rough Seas again



Wow, it is really bouncy today. The pools are all closed, it is grey and windy outside. A good day for staying inside. So after my work out and breakfast I gathered up our stuff and went down to do the laundry. So far for clothing things seem to be working out fine. The only thing I wish I had was sweatpants.



I was doing the laundry but when I came back to the room I found her all set and ready to go. She had booked herself a head to toe massage. I like it when she treats herself well. I used the time to go watch the egg drop contest – won by a husband and wife team from Canada. I started watching the film Amazing Grace. It has been on my list of films to watch for about three years so I am glad I am getting to it.



We went to have tea and sat at what was thought by some as a Red Hat table. It wasn't but it was a nice exposure. Red Hat is something I think Marla should do now and then. When it was over Marla and I went to the Wheelhouse Bar and found a quiet corner to watch the waves.



We came back to the room showered and got ready for the formal night. Marla looked great in her black and white Nikki Babee outfit. I looked good in my Tux. Next cruise I get a new tux because this one is too big. My tie fit better tonight.



We went down to the atrium where there was the Captain's Goodbye party going on. We enjoyed another drink – I had a green thing that was more like something from the Wiz but it was okay. Marla had a rum fruity drink. The good thing was they were free. We watched the dancers waltzing about on the floor. I invited Marla to dance since we didn't really have to move but let the rocking and rolling of the ship bump us about.



We actually bumped into Richard and his Wife and had a great chat with them. Richard forgot his Tux so he was faking it for the night. We both had dinner at the same time but in different rooms. We got our table at Cid's but most impressively was that we could see what we were eating. The lighting in the room has been so horrible up until now. Now there were lights over the tables. Big Improvement.



We had a good supper. Marla really really liked her asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce and bacon bits. Yum it was really really good. She really really disliked her beef wellington. It tasted quite unpleasant so she had some more asparagus. I had lobster and frankly I over did it as well. The guys (Cid and Hermino) looked after us very well. They are very busy and popular.



We came back to the room stopping along the way to listen to a rough seas concert put on by the ships vocalists. They were not all that bad. We enjoyed them. Then we came back to the room and crashed out for the night as the ship rocked and rolled in the 12 foot high waves.


To see pictures of our relaxing day at see go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/56705607@N00/sets/72157629550325913/

No comments:

Post a Comment