Thursday, October 28, 2010

What a week


Well I started out this week on a major bummer. It turns out that the tiny opportunity, the little possibility of having my surgery, disappeared and it is back to the long wait for my WLS surgery. If anything I am practicing patience as a virtue. Somewhere and sometime I know this thing is going to happen it is just going to take longer. So as a result of me not being all that happy I have let my diet slip. Not too much, just the occasional treat or two. the bad part is that often when I treat myself it is usually something bad for me. And my body tells me about it. ick.

Tuesday I got to see Boots. He is a good doc and says that I am doing okay. Dispite my Ha1C has crept up to 7.5 That sucks a bit, but otherwise it is okay. Wednesday though was the best time this week because the Salmon Kings are back playing at home again. It was good to be on the Follow Spot again. I was back in my first spot and it was good for shooting across the ice. I feel a bit guilty because I picked out a friend a little too often but she was in the perfect spot for me to home on her and her hubby.


Thursday was a fun day. I got to shoot a video of a comedy show that will end up being a nice project. My chest is still very sore. I think it is something about muscle tenderness at my breast bone. T3 helps a lot with managing what is going on but it still hurts when I can't breath. Marla and I went in to get her leg shots today. They really hurt her and so I thought it was best if she and I stayed home and rested instead of exercising. I feel so crappy when I move around a lot I appreciated the break. Marla was game to go to the gym but she is pretty game to do anything with me as long as we hang out together. I like that.

Here is my best Blake story in a while:

This all started when I forgot to eat this morning. I was in a major rush today and for the last while just haven't been hungry. After a busy day at work I had to take my wife in for her shots. Every three or four months Marla has to get 16 to 20 needles in her legs. To help with the needles, we rub emla cream on them about half an hour before her session. The cream numbs the nerves and skin on her legs and makes getting all the needles a little easier. Well I was late so we quickly rubbed down her legs and took off to the doctor. When we got to the doctor's office, the receptionist had put out a pail of those dreaded chocolates for Halloween. Well my hungry gave in and I decided to have one.

The problem was that when we raced out of the house I forgot to wash my hands. So as soon as I unwrapped the bar some of the cream went onto it. I noticed it tasted not like I remembered chocolate. I haven't had any in ages. But then within a few minutes my mouth felt wierd. In fact it felt like I was at the dentist and he had froze half my face. I was so embarassed because my lips, cheeks, and tongue were numb. My wife, however, thought it was a total hoot.

So my lesson was stay away from the chocolate…. and wash my hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment