Friday, October 15, 2010

Dealing with changes

My appointment with dr. a was pretty much as I expected... well not quite. First of all the wait wasn't as long as I planned. I got in within a hour and 15 minutes. Then I expected that I would need all my toys, computer, psp, cell phone to entertain myself and instead I ended up chatting with a couple of guys in the office. One guy was pleased because he lost 20 pounds in a couple of months of using the lapband. The other dropper 200 pounds in the last two years with his RNY. If I dropped 200 pounds I would be 108 and I think that would be a bit much.
The visit was interesting because dr. A was his usual self about not saying much. He tried to talk about loosing weight with exercise alone. That is not quite working for me. then he went on to talk about moving forward with the operation. there maybe an outside could be possible but don't get your hopes up about getting a cancellation spot in December. I don't think it is possible because I only know of one ever cancellation. But it is nice to dream.
I told his MOA that I am available on very short notice. She smiled and said she knew. then a few minutes later I got a call from her saying that I should be going to see an anesthesiologist so I can have my surgery. so she was going to call to organize an appointment for me with him before mid november.
Today I got a call from the urgent surgical office at the VHG to come in on monday and meet the doctor's gas passer. I met him once before but at that time I was unconscious and had stopped breathing. The fact that I stopped breathing while I had my gall bladder surgery kind of freaked marla. I hope this doctor doesn't hold this bit of information against me.

Marla and I went out to the Japanese Village today for lunch. I was very hungry and ate far too much. It wasn't bad food for me, except for the rice. It was just the volume was too much. I like the Japanese Village. It has many fond memories for me and Marla.

No comments:

Post a Comment