Saturday, September 3, 2011

There are three sure signs that summer is almost over: first there is the Fringe.  I keep meaning to go to the fringe shows but somehow they keep slipping by.  The second sign is the Saanich Fair comes around with its critters, home preserves, crafters and kids.  Finally the third sign that summer is ending is that Greek Fest calls with its cultural exposition.  And of course, its wonderful food.  Marla and I went up today for lunch.  It was an excellent time in the sunshine having lamb, gyros, and beer.  We also had some waaay to sweet bakalava and lukemenoes (little Greek donuts).  We couldn't finish them, we shared them with some other people at the table.


In the morning, I had a great walk with Christopher and Precious.  Then I was off to my last WLS meeting before my surgery.  Everyone was so great and I got lots of good advice.  Marla and I spent the evening busy with housecleaning and having a great night.  I got a little too hot but hey, its the end of summer, it should be hot outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment