Saturday, September 10, 2011

Excuse me but....

So this was interesting. Friday was my day off and Marla and I were doing the 'let's stay home and get business done' thing. We were at the bank renewing our mortgage when I got a call from Dr. Amson's office. They asked me if I would be willing to give up my October 19th surgery. My immediate reaction is to say no. But I also thought the situation deserved some thought and reflection.
I think in the long run it comes down to this: I need the surgery to save my life. I was chosen by Dr. Amson four months ago off of a list of eligible patients. He had his reasons. Of course it is his option to choose someone else as that is his job. But the reasons must be something that he can live with. Hopefully it is for all the right reasons. If it were to save the life of a patient with cancer or some other disease it would be very ease to understand a postponement or cancellation.
So now the ball is in Dr. Amson's court. We shall see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment