Friday, September 12, 2014

I haven't looked here in a year

Well silly me.  I haven't looked at my blog in a whole year.  So this will be a brief look at my last year and let's see if we can do a little better.

September 13, 2013
I was busy in school at UVic taking a course in Russian History of the Tsars.  It was a very good course and I enjoyed myself.  It was a big help for what we did in the spring of 2014.  I did a bunch of hockey games with the Victoria Royals.

October 2013
I ran the Goodlife 8km Road Race and had a great time doing it.  We went to Parksville and Tofino for our regular October holiday.

November 2013
A very quiet month.  We didn't do much but school and hockey.

December 2013
Finished up my UVic class and did well with it.  The usual.  Lots of shows at the Royal.  Wayne and Shirley were in town for Christmas.

January 2014
Went back to work at Camosun for 10 days in January.  It was fun.  I liked not having to wear all the feathers.

February 2014
Spent three weeks in Kailua-Kona this time.  It was awesome.  Booked for a whole month for next year.

March 2014
Back to hockey games and good times.  Stayed in Victoria and enjoyed ourselves.

April 2014
Hockey is over but it is really nice walking weather.

May 2014
Flew off to Copenhagen for our cruise.  Copenhagen was wonderful.  Just like the song.  then our ship, the MS Eurodam, took off for Estonia, Russia, Finland, Sweden, Germany, and back to Denmark.  Awesome trip.

June 2014
We went to Vancouver for  a great weekend at the Cher Concert and then spent a few days down at the Tulalip.

July 2014
Spent most of the month at UVic in an East Central European History class.  It was a good class and I bettered my usual mark.  So I was pleased.  Now I want to go visit Prague, Budapest and Vienna.

August 2014
We went down to Seattle to see Book of Mormon and catch a baseball game.  We had a great time.  My mom passed away in early August.  I hope she has a great time in the great beyond. Her spirit still stays with me.  We saw an awesome exhibit at the Pacific Science Center about Spies.

September 2014
Wow, caught up.  We are travelling at the end of the month and then another trip in October so I am not taking any classes.  I am doing a whole lot of theater work and enjoying it.  Lots of walking and much needed exercise.

Coming up - more about food, exercise and enjoying life.  I will put up some trip reports and some stories.  And not wait another year to update my blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment