Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Story night and another wonderful day

I am so stiff.  Everything hurts from yesterday's 12km walk. I know it is supposed to make me feel better but.  Still it was a pretty good day.  Marla and I went downtown to check out an outfit for her but the store wasn't open so we went for a walk instead.  It was nice just to be a local tourist and check out some of the stuff we need for the house.  We are still on the search for the perfect travel bag for me.  I think it is the LL Bean  http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/60317?page=waxed-cotton-continental-field-bag but I am still shopping.

We went over to Hillside Mall and got Marla's glasses fixed.  Then we stopped for a snack/lunch at NY Fries.  They were good but messed with my system.  We shopped a bit more - Marla got a very cool fringe purse from Sears.  Boy, Sears was dead.  Very good service.  Marla tried on some high end shoes at Ingledews, again exceptionally good service. She was so impressed they had shoes that fit her.

In the evening we went to the Victoria Story Tellers Guild meeting.  It was fun.  Some nice old stories and not too many boring ones.  I told the story of Marla and my first meeting.  Eating was pretty good for the day and all is well in my world.

Except I am really stiff.


No comments:

Post a Comment