Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Dinosaurs out - Alan Jackson in

Sunday was a day pretty much to rest up for the out of the Walking with Dinosaurs show.  I went downtown early to get a parking spot and it was no trouble at all.  It was interesting showing up and seeing the old gang from Camosun there.  Steve, Daryl, Alan, and Bryce were there.  Actually there were quite a few people there for a relatively small move in.So I chatted with the guys and slowly got ready.  We began by loading up the brontosaurus outside - he is only used in the first act.  He travels in his own trailer and takes two fork lifts to lift him up on the loading platform.  Then it was inside to get ride of the boarders and remove patagonia.  then we lifted the dreaded floor.

We were out of the arena by 11:30 which was kind of nice.  Especially because I had to be back in the arena at 9am for the Alan Jackson concert.  It was a much smaller show than Dinosaurs - rather than 20 trucks we only had three.  Ron was head LX which was good.  I like working with him.  We also had Vince and Stephen on the LX crew and we were a pretty good bunch.  Apparently we set a record because for the first time in the tour we hand all the gear set up and ready to fly before all the points were in.  We were out of the arena by 1pm so I had the afternoon off.  Marla was out seeing Dr. Quartley so I had the place to myself.  I finished packing up for our LA trip and had a bit of a nap with precious.

I went back for the show call and the closest parking spot I could find was way down on Douglas Street.  That kind of sucks but I parked in a bright area and headed up the hill.  The opening act was a girl and her group from Alberta.  Boy she really liked herself and came across with lots of "how good am I" lounge singer.  Alan Jackson's show was really good.  It was a little weird because he played a lot of his old videos behind him and yet singing up front he was about twenty years older.  I kept wondering who is the "old guy."  That being said, it was still an excellent show.  We were out of the arena by 12:45am and it was real nice to get home.  Even if it did mean staying up until 2am before my mind would shut up.


No comments:

Post a Comment