Sunday, December 23, 2012

this is me being social at Christmas

So I started my morning off with a walk down to Cuthbert Holmes park and back.  Precious really liked her walk but she came home covered in leaves and crud.  I cleaned up the car because it really needed it and it was an absolutely wonderful morning.  Then I came in and got all showered up and ready to head off to Leslie's for the traditional pre-Christmas dinner. 

I had a great NSV happen this morning.  I was fidgeting with my wedding band and I discovered that I am now small enough that the ring fits on my thumb.  It is like I drop a ring size every two months.  Marla and I were planning to get the ring re-sized in February so we are right on schedule.

The Christmas social was really nice.  It was good to see some old familiar faces and they had nice compliments for me.  My ego really liked it.

Marla and I left Leslie's about 3pm and headed downtown.  I am after some hiking shoe and found a great deal on Timberline hiking shoes at Atmosphere.  Normally they were $109 but today they were $54.  I am looking forward to having some good walking shoes.  And also being able to keep my feet warm.  The downside was that theyhttp://www.urbanspoon.com/r/317/1431297/restaurant/Downtown/Garricks-Head-Pub-Victoria are size 13 I was kind of hoping for 12s but this will do for now and as Marla says "All Shoes size differently."

We shopped a bit downtown, Marla tried on some nice dresses at Bryan's.  She looks really cute in the sparkly ones.  Then she went for glam in Roberta's Hats.

We were a bit hungry and thirsty so we tried out the newly renovated Garrick's Head Pub.  http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/317/1431297/restaurant/Downtown/Garricks-Head-Pub-Victoria

We came home and settled into a nice quiet night.


No comments:

Post a Comment