Saturday, December 22, 2012

its beginning to look a lot like christmas

Today is December 22nd and I am finally getting into the christmas spirit.  Up until now my life has been very hectic with work at Camosun, work in the theater (Royals Hockey, Chantel Kreviazuk and Burton Cummings) all in the last couple of weeks.  The weather outside has been frightful with lots of storms and general yeechyness.  Lots of wind and rain and little opportunity for walking.  I finally got out today when Christopher and I got to go for a walk along the ocean front with Precious.

I have been having a good time getting Christmas presents.  I like christmas shopping.  I like making up presents too.  I am kind of excited to see if Marla enjoys her presents.

Of course the big item is my impending retirement.  This is the first time I mentioned it here but I am going to retire from Camosun College at the end of January.  With holidays taken into account I have less than 20 days to work before I hang up my spurs.  I feel bad that my leaving will be at the root of some big changes for the difference but also it is time for the department to change.

I am looking forward to retiring in every way except for maybe the serious drop in pay.  On the otherhand I am really looking forward to more time with Marla, being able to study in daytime courses at UVic, more theater work and just generally enjoying life.

I need to remember that I was given a gift of this wonderful surgery to change my life and ensure that I don't fuck it up.  I worry about that sometimes.  But I am also trying to make the appropriate changes and my body tells me when I did something stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment