Thursday, December 27, 2012

Merry Christmas 2012

Today is Boxing Day but we didn't really have all that much to box up.  So with the tradition aside I left myself to a mega walk with Precious the Pooch, a little sight seeing with Marla, and a quiet night at home. One of the treats of the day was we did a walk through the Festival of Trees at the Empress Hotel.  It was very pretty and Christmasy.
 After that we came home and called it a day.  Precious was very tired from our walk earlier in the day.  She was tuckered out behind the couch.  
Reflecting on Christmas it was pretty good this year.  Marla and I got each other a reasonably good collection of small gifts.  I got some cool magazines, a station house for my train set,  a Roughrider gnome, and Marla got her diamond earrings, the calendar that I made for her, a new infinity scarf, and little treats and treasures.  We are sharing tickets to Burton Cummings this spring at the Skagit so we have something to look forward to seeing and another road trip.

The day after boxing day was a bit more busy.  It was normal routine type stuff.  Marla was volunteering at the Senior's Home and I took the truck out to Costco to get the tire fixed.  It was slowly leaking.  then we went downtown to Pags for lunch.  We went a little early and had to stand in line but it was nice out and we had a good time.  I sure couldn't eat much.  I think I had less than a cup of food - just tastes of soup, Capoletti, and some really good bread.  I definitely stopped eating before I hit any bad points - that feeling of a lump in the chest.  I am doing better at stopping before I feel bad.

After that we had a walk, Marla wasn't feeling so good so we hoped some exercise would help.  It did a bit and we took off to see the Gingerbread Houses at the Laurel Point.  They were very nice.  I will get the pictures up in a day or two.

In the evening we went to see Ballet Victoria's Pandora's Box.  It was nice and sweet.  We had a pre-show snack at Baan Thai.  We had the usual and it was okay.  I have really been enjoying my time off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment