Saturday, December 29, 2012

No spending day

I decided when I woke up and it was a combination of light rain and heavy mist that the walk was out and this would be a stay at home no spending day.  At least it started that way.  After breakfast, back to the two poached eggs regime, I went out to the garage, fired up the treadmill and walked for an hour.  Actually reading a book while plodding along is rather restful.

I came in and did some work around the house.  I got the Christmas Tree working again.  It took a new bulb so my no spending day was suspended while I went to Home Hardware with Precious.  We got a walk and a bulb and Precious got a cookie.  My highlight was to move the swords and knives from the living room and put them into the turret.  They are much better hung this time around.  Then I just had some nice time with Marla, playing with Precious and getting ready to go to work.

It was a very good hockey game and very restful from the first that I got there because my followspot would not start when I tried to fire it up.  Between Shannon, Simon and me we finally got it going but it took four trips up and down the stairs.  that is a bunch of exercise for the day.

The game was interesting the first two periods were all Prince George.  But in the third period the Royals came to life and did some serious scoring.  They tied PG's three goals and scored the winning goal in an overtime shoot out.


No comments:

Post a Comment