Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My May Staycation - work, rest, work, rest

So I had a week off and the week started with the best of intentions. To begin with I attacked the lawn on friday - my day off. When I stood up and a tree branch hit me on the head I declared war on any limb that was under 5'10" high. Out came the saw and off came the branches. Soon I had enough to fill the back of the truck. I had them all placed out front and ready to go on Saturday morning but first I had to do my walk with Christopher. It was the start of Swiftsure so there were lots of boats gathering to start the big race. It was like a huge parade of ships heading to the starting line. On Saturday afternoon I planned on dropping off the wood when I discovered that the Saanich Yard, the place we deliver the wood clippings, closes at 1:ooPM. I discovered this at 1:30pm.

Marla and I had a really nice an quiet Sunday. Then on the rainy-ish Victoria Day Monday we stayed home to watch the Parade on CHEK TV.  Then spend the rest of the day puttering.  Absolutely not hungry but remembering to drink water and eat.


No comments:

Post a Comment