Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Blood Pressure goes up when ...

I had been feeling really good lately.  I am still dropping weight and am down to 243 pounds.  I am getting close to a 100 pound weight loss from my heaviest weight.  Nearly lost 60 pounds since my RNY surgery.  Yes, I am feeling pretty good.  So then why is it that two weeks ago when I got my Blood Pressure checked it read 140/85  then this week it was 150/90.  This sucks!

My doctor now has me on a new pill to lower my blood pressure but there still are some issues.  I have been taking a lot of readings lately with my own blood pressure toy - Automatic Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor HoMedics BPW-060.   So I have been taking a bunch of readings and comparing them to my doctor's office machine.  They appear to be close considering I am measuring a wrist and theirs goes on the arm.

So since my GP wanted me on these new pills I thought i should also check with my Surgeon and Encologist.  They both agreed I should be on the pill but my surgeon wanted me to see a cardiologist.  I figured we would get the heart doc appointment in about two or three months.  Very typical for Canada Health Care. Nope, I see them next week.  That worries me a bit but at least we are taking care of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment