Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Cardiac check up

I may have mentioned before that I have been having some issues with my blood pressure in the past couple of months.  It turns out that in the last while my BP has been creeping steadily upwards.  My GP was alarmed by this and put me on some new medications.  But because it was a change I told Dr. Amson and he wanted to see me straight away.  He got me into see a cardiologist Dr. Skinnerder at VGH.  So this morning (Tuesday) I went to the hospital to meet the Dr.  I had an appointment for 8am but the office didn't open until 8:30am.  But all is still cool.  I met Dr. Skinnerder's resident who grilled me for about an hour on lifestyle, medical history, issues and just chatting away.  He was all business and fairly bright.  Then Skinnerder came in and we went through it all again.  This time though the resident had to present all the findings and my job was to correct him. It is amazing how much information gets lost or changed through interpretation.

So before we get into too many tests Dr. Skinnerder wants me to be off all the heart medications.  Especially the new ones  my GP prescribed.  They take about three weeks to get out of my system so I will have some waiting to do.  In the meantime, my blood pressure is still high but according to Dr. S not all that dangerous.  I didn't know this but as a diabetic my blood pressure is supposed to run about 130/90.

No comments:

Post a Comment