Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Two weeks to surgery day

Each day is like a series of lasts. My last monday at work. My last staff meeting. My last luncheon at Interurban. Tonight was my last Chinese supper. Sherrie runs the Chinese restaurant where we are regulars. She knows our order before we walk into the door. We will return to Halibut House Fish and Chips and Chinese Food but next time it will be different.

I am looking forward to life after surgery but realistically thinking that this RNY is not going to be the magic pill that I always wanted it to be. I am still going to have to watch what I eat, exercise, and endeavor to live a healthy lifestyle. We then why the hell am I having this Surgery? For me the main reason is that it is plain that I cannot do this myself or I would have done it ages ago.

So it is two weeks from today and I feel great. Does that mean I don't really need my surgery? Well I feel really good but I am still about 305 pounds. That is about 110 pounds more than I should be. But I feel fine. Fine except that my chest is always sore. I feel, as I tell everyone "excellent" but I don't tell them that I am taking twice the amount of insulin that I am supposed to just to keep my levels low enough so that I will qualify for my surgery. I guess despite how I feel I really do need this surgery.

I am getting all prepared for life after surgery. Today I ordered my vitamins from SVCCanada. Over $100 in vitamins gave me free shipping and so after a little comparison it was a good deal.
I am looking forward only taking a few pills and drops compared to the ten I am taking each day for diabetes and to counter the effect of the diabetes pills.

Soon I will be counting down in single digits. Time to stop taking aspirins, switch more of my meals to a liquid based diet, and get ready for my surgery. This is starting to become very real.

No comments:

Post a Comment