Monday, August 8, 2011

A salute to Marla's mom



Marla's mom passed away today. Good Bye Lois. She was a truly wonderful lady who was abrupt, straight to the point, funny, sometimes odd, always brave, and a wonderful human. She was Marla's mom and that is good enough for me. She travelled with us on many adventures, and sometimes stayed just a little too long. She was there for Marla and there for me. My memories of her are all fond.


It is the sad part of our life that her mind was taken long before her body. Lois was a physical marvel; she could walk for hours faster than any one I know. I was so impressed how she could take on challenges; roller coasters, foreign airports, and just heading out with Marla and me.
Lois has been taken away from us for so long that her passing is a relief. I hope she is at a place where she can walk, drink beer in the heavenly Legion, and chat away with her dear friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment