Thursday, July 14, 2011

OMG Mid July, Mid Terms, OMG The sky is falling

I can't believe it is already the middle of July. When I was a kid summers lasted forever. Those two precious months between June 30th and September 5th used to drag as slow as the melting snow. My days were filled with horseback riding, playing in the valleys, riding our bikes, exploring creeks, and lazy days in the sun. In someways I had a rather idyllic childhood.

Here it is, July 14, one quarter through the summer. So far I am way behind in my work; today is the mid-term for my Art History course; and time is racing by at light speed. There have been a few pleasant diversions along the way. Marla and I have been enjoying the recap viewings of the Harry Potter series. It is like a huge geek convention but still interesting. There is an old Charlie Brown saying that has Linus speaking "I love mankind; Its people I cannot stand." That should be my motto.

I have been very good at maintaining my diet, exercise and journalling programs. You can find me on myfitnesspal.com or on the WLS pages on facebook. Speaking of facebook, it is my current addiction. I need to slip away from it for a while. Sleeping is good lately but I am finding I need less sleep. I go to bed at midnight and am up at 5:30 or 6. Way too early.

So I close now with the promise to write again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment