Thursday, July 28, 2011

a little about me


When it camer to exercise, I was so frustrated years ago that there was no place for large men to go exercise that I formed my own group "Victoria Big Guys". We worked out for 3.5 years at Camosun College's center for sport and exercise and got some excellent training along the way. Last year I moved the group to Saanich and called it "My Large Friends" so that I could get women and support members involved.

I am 5'10" and weigh 304 now. I started at 339 when I first saw Amson. The biggest change for me was the lifestyle stuff. Gone are the pop, treats and loaves of bread. Now it is responsible eating. Jan K got me convinced that food is only fuel. Of course that would be better if I were more mechanically adept.

My goal is to be healthy, but if I had to put a number on it I would like to be about 185. Of course I have this image in my mind of having a photoshopped thin body with six pack abs, but really not having a keg ab would be an improvement.

I too would like to beathe better when I exercise. It is odd there are some things I can do like walk a 10k where I am not so bad and others like walk up two flights of stairs that just exhausts me.

No comments:

Post a Comment