Sunday, January 6, 2013


January 5, 2013
Saturday
I got up and was all set to go walking with Christopher at 7:30am but it was piddling down rain.  I unlocked the door and let Precious out for a pee in the downpour.  No Way.  She wasn’t moving.  So I convinced her to at least go out – part of my accident prevention policy – and then called Christopher to cancel our morning exercise.  I had planned on going to the WLS meeting this morning but about the time I got ready to go it cleared up and I felt that both Precious the Pooch and I needed the walk.
We took off and walked what I am going to call the great circle.  It goes from our house to Uptown all the way up to Admiral’s Road then all the way to the Gorge and down to Tillicum then home.  All in all it is about 10 Kms.  Precious apparently liked the walk even though she was on the leash for the whole time.
In the afternoon Marla and I went to Costco to return some stuff.  Even when we return stuff there it costs us money.  But we got some good stuff.  I was putting some laundry away and I found my replacement or placeholder ring.  After it fell off my finger I couldn’t find it.  But it must have got caught in the sheets when I put them in the laundry.  It went through the wash and dryer only to fall out as we folded up the sheets.  After a nice afternoon at home I headed off to work at the arena.  It was a really good hockey game where the Royals won 5-2. 

January 6, 2013
Sunday
I was up early to undeck the halls.  It was time to put away all the Christmas stuff.  So I went the extra step and packed up everything neat, clean and tidy.  I got rid of a lot of junk and trash and even created an empty box.  Once done that Precious and I went out for a walk.  We repeated most of our path from the day before.  I extended my walk to the overpass past Admiral's Road, and all the way down to the Craigflower School.  It was a very good walk.

Marla and I spent a quiet afternoon at home which I quite liked.  We did slip out to some shopping at XCESS Cargo and Canadian Tire but mostly it was just nice to be home.  This marks the last of my 16 days off work for the Christmas holiday.  It was a joyous time and I am looking forward to the changes on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment