Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Oops! I meant that. A klutzy day

Today I was a klutz. I was happily walking along the beach looking out over the waves and the logs when I saw a good opportunity to take a great picture. I walked into the end of the logs which was a fairly substantial size log and took my picture looking backwards to the shore. And then I started walking back across the long log. That's when my foot gave way and I tumbled in a somersault motioned onto my back on the beach. I don't know if I was too shocked to move or just felt like I looked too silly but I lay there for a few minutes. Finally I got up, brush myself off, then proceeded with my walk just slightly embarrassed.

Worse for wear, I injured my leg, damaged my finger, and wanted my pride. I know that Marla will be very ticked me for doing something silly.
However he did have a lovely watch for the rest of my time out on the beach. When I came to the crest of the hill that looked down at the ocean I saw five otter playing in the tide.

Marla and I went out for lunch at J & J Wonton downtown. It was my first time to try out Chinese Food. It is amazing how helpful they were because I explain my surgery to the waitress and she told the cook and they made me that bariatric Chinese dinner. It was verygood but I was amazed at how little of it I could eat. Marla was very hungry and she cleaned up everything else.

I had a really good appointment with Dr. Amson this afternoon. As usual he was late but that was okay. We got to talk to Susan and had a nice visit. Then the visit with Dr. Amson was quite positive. He wants me to exercise more, and lifted most of my exercise restrictions. He is very encouraging and I like that. I met two of his patients, Larry and begins with an N, and we have a nice chat about bariatric surgery.

But I was going to do a bunch of house cleaning tonight but my leg hurt too much, so did my finger, so I'm taking it easy and will attack it tomorrow. So my weight is down to 286. That his 13 pounds since my surgery. I would like that to be more but I'm happy with this. Not a very profound blog but it will have to do for today. The funky thing about today's blog is that it was dictated rather than typed. I love playing with new gadgets.

No comments:

Post a Comment