Sunday, September 1, 2013

Its Showtime

It has been a busy week.  The national touring company of Stomp is in town and I have been working backstage on the crew.  Eight shows in five days is a bit of a tear up and really messes with the exercise schedule.

But going back a little further, I have completed my Ceramics course at University.  I got my usual mark, B+.  I am okay with that and will keep at it.  I was thinking that I may take the follow up course in January.  But I am also toying with the idea of taking the semester off.

Anyways, back to Stomp.  It was a really good show to work on.  The road crew was a fantastic bunch.  Graham (the head carp) and Sam (head props) were the guys that Colin and I worked with the most.  Doing props for the show is a nice active job.  The performers were also nice to work with.  They were funny and polite which is always a plus.

My eating has been a little all over the place.  Mostly because of working this schedule but also because I am drifting a bit.  I am being led astray by some of the 'treats' around the house.  So the best thing is to  get the bad stuff out of the house and stick to the good stuff.

The pear tree's fruit is ready.  It is really nice to go out into the back yard, pick a pear, brush it off and enjoy a healthy treat.  They are very sweet so it is a good thing they are small.

I have been pre-reading for my fall UVic class.  This time around it is Russian History.  I think it is going to be a lot harder getting the names right.  But I am ready for a challenge as much as I am ready for a holiday.

With Classes this summer and shows in September, Marla and I haven't been able to get away.  We are in serious need of a road trip but I don't see any available time until late September or early October.  Even a trip to Portland would be a good break.

But now things are on the way to returning to normal.  Two shows today and an out.  Horse riding on Wednesday and maybe a photo shoot for Camosun, UVic on Thursday and a concert on next Sunday.

Whew.



No comments:

Post a Comment