Friday, September 21, 2012

You can't go home again - sort of

So here we are in Regina - I wanted to see my mom and most importantly have her see me since it has been one year between visits and she hasn't seen me since my surgery.  I am down 105 pounds and basically lost one third of myself.

Our trip here was nice.  We are flying using airmiles so it only cost us $170 and that covered the taxes.  But the times kind of sucked.  We didn't leave Victoria until 8pm so we were flying in the night.  It is really pretty watching the houses and cities lit up as you travel over them at 35,000 ft.  Why don't they give that information in meters?

Anyhow, we changed plans in Calgary, good thing we had the wheelchair helper because it would have been a very long walk for Marla.  We jumped onto the plane for Regina and lo and behold we had the same flight attendant as we did on the YYJ/YYC leg.  Marla and I settled in to watching Billy Connoly do his act.  He was very funny and we snorted to ourselves as we listened through the headphones.  Comedy is hard to listen to when you are trying not to disturb others.

We landed in Regina at about 12:55am and caught a taxi to the Regina Ramada.  We have a nice room on the sixth floor.  It is a jr. Suite and it is a good size comfortable room.  It was 2:14am before we actually got to sleep.  All in all, we got to Regina safely, the cab was on $15 and the room is night.  I would put this one in the win column.

No comments:

Post a Comment