Friday, September 21, 2012

Walking in Regina

Well I was up at 6:30am but having only gone to bed at 2:30 that was still too little sleep even for me.  So I stayed in bed for another couple hours and was up to face the day at 8:30.   I was very glad to get out walking but gee was it ever cold outside.  I was glad I had my rider jacket.  I work one of my nice red shirts because I didn't bring any t-shirts.  I knew we would buy one or two once we got to the Rider store.   But after a little walking I warmed up and was quite enjoying myself.

I walked over to Marla's old neighbourhood, Cathedral District, it is very nice and funky.  I think if we lived there that I would pick to live in this neighbourhood.  then I walked over to the museum and along the lake for a while.  I came out in the Broadway housing area and then walked down behind the hospital and came out on Victoria Street fairly close to Enterprise Car Rental. 

I stopped at Enterprise to pick up our car rental.  I got a pretty good deal and a two car upgrade.  I declined the insurance since it was nearly three times the daily rate.  So now that we had a car we could do some running around.  The first stop was to see my sister at the Norman View Shopping Center liqour store.  It was a nice visit among the bottles.  Then marla and I went over to smitty's for breakfast.

Smitty's is a favourite spot and this one is pretty standard.  It's food had a really chain food taste.  Bleh.  But I had a nice scrambled egg, mushroom, bacon, et al stuff.  Then we went over to see my mom.  Model is looking good and was busy making a pie.  She has a cute little dog - Maggie, and all apprears to be okay.

We did some shopping, first Canadian Tire (T-shirt, cooking apron), Golden Tiger (nothing but some pj bottoms I liked) and finally the Rider Store (t-shirts for marla, new ear rings, and some stamps and first day covers).  Having purchased enough for one day we took off to find Marla Mom's headstone.  It is just over a year since she passed.  We had a lovely sit and tribute at the cemetary.

On the way home we stopped at Safeway for some water and then crashed at the hotel for a while.  all in all it was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment