Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Back at school - again

I can't count how many times I have had gone back to school.  What with working at a school, and being a student the number is staggering.  Let's see - grade 1 through 12 makes 12 septembers.   Then 2 years of college.  That's 14.  I have been with the College for 32 years so now we are at 46.  Then I did another 5 years concurrently going to UVic.  So that is 51.  Fifty one times of finding the place to sit, negotiating new relationships and meeting new friends, sometimes meeting old friends.  Getting excited about the new classes and instructors and best of all the new material of something interesting.

this year's class is already interesting.  It is WRIT300: Narrative and Character in Action Films.  It is a cross between creative writing, history, and critical analysis.  The instructor in knowledgeable enough.  So my next 10 weeks should be pretty interesting.

Speaking of interesting, I had an interesting couple of days.  Sunday was great because Marla and I got to see the Roughriders sneak in a win in the Banjo Bowl.  Then that evening I went down to SOFMA and did the strike of Cirque Du Soleil's show Quidam.  It was a pretty good out, we got 15 trucks loaded and out by 4 hours into the call.  I would have made more money working on kd lang but to spend the afternoon with Marla was simply much better.

Monday was a cool day at work except for a very strange first aid call.  How do you treat someone for being anxious?  But it was a good day and I came home to get ready for my first day at class.

I opted to make Tuesday my bus to work day.  In fact it was a bus to work times two.  First I took the bus to Interurban and then across town to Lansdowne at lunch.  Today was very busy and had a lot of relationship skills issues to discuss.  But at the end of the day I walked home which was really nice.  It took about an hour and 15 minutes - I came home a new route by going through the golf course, lots of sexy looking young runners - I love pony-tailed joggers - and nice quiet streets.  I stopped in at Sherri's to say hi as I walked by.  Marla and I should go for Chinese Food but we haven't been wanting any lately.  But by the time I got close to home I elected to go to Brady's for fish and chips.  Fish and Chips is interesting now because I don't eat the chips, Precious the pup gets most of the batter and Cuetea the cat gets some of the inside halibut.  All in all the family does good on one dinner.  Next time I have to order a half order of chips - we toss out a lot.

In the evening we watched Heat - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113277/ which was pretty good but kind of long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment