Sunday, April 15, 2012

a wonderful weekend at home

I really needed this weekend. I didn't have much planned for a change so it was nice. But one thing I need to be a bit better at is rolling with the changes as they happen. I enjoy my Saturday but we also had to take Precious in for her shot. She has been acting a little odd lately so a shot is important for her. So I had to miss my walk because the only time the vet could see us was early. Marla and I had a nice drive out to Brentwood Bay with Precious in the back of the truck. All went well with her shot and Marla and I cocooned for all day Saturday. It was a nice day and since it was the beginning of Baseball Season we watched the Rookie and Field of Dreams. I like baseball movies. So it was a really nice night.

Sunday I was up bright and early. Marla says that she likes my ability to fall asleep as soon as my head heads the pillow. But my head chatter starts early in the morning so sleeping in is no fun for me. So I was up early doing some chores and getting ready for my run. Precious and I did the TC10K route again. It was a beautiful day for the run and Precious is getting more used to being in these strange places. We did really good we finished five minutes faster than last week.

Marla and I went out for lunch to Kitty's Hideaway which was some of the worst service we have ever experienced. They were really off their game. Then it was a beautiful afternoon to go for a truck ride and Precious had a wonderful time playing ball on Dallas Road. We wrapped up our weekend watching a very corny pirate movie "the Crimson Pirate" with Burt Lancaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment