Friday, April 13, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!



Well yesterday was my birthday - I made 56. It was a really good day. I started off by checking in with my mom. She told me good stuff that I didn't know or got wrong over the years. I knew I was born at 9 o'clock but I got it wrong. It wasn't nine in the morning but nine at night. And I apparently was in a hurry because she went into labour at 8pm. To make matters even more challenging it was snowing outside.

Marla and I went to Denny's for breakfast. On your birthday its free! And it was actually pretty good. After that we went down to the beach for a walk with the dog. Precious really enjoys her romps along the ocean and I really enjoy the exercise. After our walk we went for a little drive around town. I am shopping for a bicycle and I would like to find just the right bike for me but it has to be a round $100. Against everyone's advice I am going to start cheap and move up if I like it. I still have this image of being a fat guy on a bike. It is amazing what we carry around in our heads. So we finally came home and settled in for the night.

We hunkered down and had a light supper and watched a pair of really bad movies. The new version of The Three Musketeers and Elite Killers were really bad. The first was overproduced and the latter was simply confusing. But all in all, it was a pretty good day and I quite enjoyed myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment