Sunday, May 22, 2011

Roads, Ranges, and Rain

We stayed at the Coeur d'Alene Resort last night. A very nice place on the lake. It is one of those places that is part of the I Prefer network. So we got upgraded to a nicer room with a view of the boats and a bottle of champagne. Marla and I went out to the Outback for a split steak - yum. It was a good night despite the occasional chest pains. I have to tell dr. A. about that.

I was up at 6:30 and so went for a long walk - almost an hour and a half. I went all around the resort's boardwalk - very pretty. Then Marla and I hit the road. This time we drove towards Butte. I was concerned about going through a long stretch of pass, especially cause the weather was bad, so we kept to the interstate. But when we got to the Helena cut off we took it. Marla and I shared a loggers special lunch special at a tourist spot. Real good to $12.

We got into Great Falls at about 6pm and settled into La Quienta. Okay, not great, but will do for an overnight. The place is really busy because of a tournament in town. We went out for supper at Fuddruckers, really good. Really good. Then did some walmart shopping.

I nice day on some beautiful roads, crossing a couple mountain ranges, and a lot of driving in the rain. We even saw some lightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment