Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Pushing the clouds away

So I got up Tuesday morning (yesterday) and went for a soak in the Temple Gardens Spa. It is nice being a guest at the hotel because you almost have the place to yourself. At one point I did have the entire pool just to me and it felt a little creepy. The bad part is there is a walkway or skybridge directly from the hotel across the street to the pool. It is very convenient but my god Moose Jaw was cold this morning. It is supposed to be spring but it feels more like February. Still the pool was hot and felt very good. Even my arthritic finger enjoyed the soak.

After about an hour and a half I went back to the room and changed so I could go out for a pre-breakfast walk and pick up something small for us. My god Moose Jaw is cold today. Moose Jaw architecture is very interesting and puts you back in the 1920s. So that was cool. Then I went to safeway and stocked up on some fruit, milk and a treat for me and marla - Butter Tarts.

I got marla up and we went for a soak. This is what they call taking the waters and I quite enjoyed it.
We then got ready to face regina. We didn't get rained on very much. I can even see the winds pushing the clouds away. Once we got here we found a hotel. This time we went for cheap and ended up in a motel called Chateau Regina. It was quite, clean and cheap. Just what we needed.

We went out for lunch at Bonanza - it was okay but a little ew as well. Way too much food and way too expense. Its atmosphere matched the hotel.

Bonanza was pretty close to the Ride Store so we ventured into Taylor Field's Roughrider shop. $240 later we came out with t-shirts, sweaters, a tie, and many other trinkets. Oh and I got a new black hat to match my lost one but this one has a rider logo on it and costs twice as much.

We gathered up our courage and went over to see Marla's mom. Marla was outstanding. She was very strong and brave and did a fantastic job. I was very very proud of her. And later I told her I was proud too - shouldn't keep that kind of thing a secret.

Then we went to see my Mom. She is still in the Pasqua hospital. She was looking and sounding really good. Char and Danny were there and it was really nice to see them. We went over to Char's for supper and all was well with the world. The canucks won their playoff game and so they will be in the finals for the Stanley cup.

All in all it was a pretty good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment