Friday, July 13, 2012

looking backwards with Bill Maher

So last Saturday (July 7) I started the day out pretty nice with a walk with Gerry and Chris down along the water front.  It is nice seeing Gerry as he can really see how much I have lost.  Chris although keeps me going.  I owe a lot to him for being around and keeping me motivated.  It was a beautiful morning for a walk and we all had a great time.

Afterwards Marla and I went down to Sauce for lunch.  I was hungry enough that I could eat the full chicken appy order - four small pieces of chicken breast in an ailoli sauce.  And that was pushing it a bit.  Still well nourished and ready to roll we went over to Sound Advice to pick up Marla's car.  Its security system was acting up and needed to be replaced.  They did a really good job but it also cost $100 more than we expected.  Apparently the old one wasn't installed that well either.

So in the evening it was time to go back to work.  Tonight was Bill Maher down at the Royal Theater.  I was on spotlight and had a good time doing the show.  He did a funny show but I don't think it was worth the price they were scalping tickets for - $200.

The next day Marla and I went down to catch the end of the Pride Week Parade.  It worked out pretty nice where we saw the end of the parade route and were really close to the Pride Festival.  We checked out a few of the booths but soon had to go as it was time to see Gerry and Jan before they return to Federal Way.  We had a nice lunch at the Swiftsure and then Marla and I toddled off to check out the provincial museum.  We took a bunch of touristy photos and had a wonderful time in the sunlight.  I made sure to get a picture in front of the Empress.

We had a really nice walk through the museum.  I was amazed that Marla liked the Dinosaur exhibit.  We actually went to see the Photos of the Queen but it kind of sucked.  So that wrapped up a pretty good weekend.  I write more about the rest of the week a little later.

Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment