Sunday, July 15, 2012

Last job for a while

I am still catching up, so today's writing is about last Wednesday.  I like Wednesdays, I work at Interurban campus so my focus is different.  Literally different this week because I was out shooting images of the totem in the courtyard to update our photobank.  

Then I was off to the Dr. for my allergy shot.  And I have the evenings all to myself - a nice walk with the dog, some photos, catching up with my cleaning chores, or just goofing off.  Tonight I had to work but it was good work.  My call for the theater was for 8:30pm but it got pushed back to 9pm.  Which was kind of nice.  I was down at the theater early so I could find a parking place.  There was one right by the courthouse so that was cool.  Then the light was perfect for shooting at the Cathedral so I stopped by and caught some nice images. 

Finally I went back stage to watch the Lyal Lovett concert.  Lovett is rather shy so I just found a crate off stage in the wings.  Lovett's show was like is should have been behind the WSM Microphone on the Grand Ole Opry stage.  Lots of guitars, mandolins, strong drum line and great music.  A cross between Oh Brother Where Art Thou and Buddy Holly.  I really enjoyed the show.  I ended up sitting by one of the backup singers and just pleased with seeing the show.

It was a fairly fast strike of the show with a fairly big crew.  I like being fit enough to hump about gear and equipment and aside from a big cut I got on my arm all was well.

I got home about 1am and immediately fell asleep then it was up for work early in the morning - I had a 8am meeting at Lansdowne.

Thursday was a great day - I felt good all day and in the evening at the gym I ran four sets of three minutes at over 5mph each.  This is huge - I was running!  Not lumbering or wogging or fast hustling out right running.  It felt great!

No comments:

Post a Comment