Saturday, February 2, 2013

Retiring - ready, set, what - go

An now I am retired.  I think if you ever want a self validating experience resign after working at the same place for 33 years.  I felt absolutely gluttenous from the week long of splurge of saying good bye, hugs, and wishing good thoughts.  There was a departmental party where there must have been about 80 people dropping in to wish me well.  I felt so focused.

It was a wonderful send off.  The week wasn't all that much fun from the transition point of view.  The guys were a bit unhappy about how my leaving will affect them and I had a lot of catching up to do despite my planning.  But it is all done.  I am sure the department will carry on well without me. 

So now I have started my retirement phase.  I wonder what it will bring.  My standard answer is that I will: 1) return to school to complete my degree in history 2) continue with theater and stage work 3) travel and 4) write.

I have secret desires too.  I think I would like to act - maybe I will audition for a show to see what happens.  The other thing I want to do is exercise more.  so precious the pooch is in for a lot of walking.

I will tell you more as it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment