Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas

Christmas season was a nice time for me. I really enjoy the getting out and shopping. The little things like impromptu concerts on the street and it is great sharing time with Marla as we make it through my recovery. Speaking of which, here I am stuck at -30. Stuck again. It appears that while those I know lose gradually like going down a slide, I appear to be going down like it is a set of steps. Down, slide a long, down, slide a long. So this time I don't panic. Just ride it out. I still exercise; I still eat less.

In our world we have this great schedule of Christmas activities. Christmas eve is a special dinner at home. Christmas day is a Scottish dinner with very dear old friends. Boxing Day is our own turkey dinner. I face it with a bit of apprehension because for our boxing eve dinner I made a very tender roast pork. I dumped. We had Game Hen for Christmas. I dumped big time. Now, Boxing Day I am not sure if I really want to make a turkey. It is all thawed and ready to go. Part of me says cut my losses and run. The other part is saying 'no, eat smaller, chew more, and learn".

I think that is what this is all about. Learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment