Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Catching up and not going anywhere

I had that darnedest thing happen this morning. I was looking in the mirror and for a moment - just a moment - I didn't recognize myself. My chipmunk cheeks were missing. The other thing that I noticed is that my fingers looked longer. I don't think they were longer further out from my body but they look narrower and hence longer.

I have been very angry with myself lately because I have stopped losing weight. It is dissappointing to see all these people reporting that their weight continues to fall and in the mean while mine has only dropped one pound in two weeks. Going down is better than going up, much better, but I am really frustrated. Everyone else says "Don't worry, stalls and plateaus are normal" but I thought they would come in five or six months after my surgery and not at five or six weeks.

I keep seeing a old British World War Two sign that says "Keep Calm and Carry On". It shows up everywhere and I guess that it is the universe giving me a message. So I am going to take everyone's advice and keep doing what I am doing - which is my best effort at staying healthy - and go on through my day. Keeping Calm and Carrying On. So out I go to exercise - I only have a few weeks left before work will interfere with my workout schedule. As my plan was before, I want to make the most of this time. I have increased my walks to between 8 and 10km and doing this now five or six times a week. The dog really likes the walks but after a 10k walk she wants to sleep for about an hour. Then it is back to being a crazy dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment