Monday, January 2, 2012

My last free day

Well it has finally come. After 87 days of being away from the office I am returning to work tomorrow morning. So to celebrate my last free day Precious and I went for a walk, cleaned up all the balls in the backyard (Precious is good at chasing balls and not so got at bringing them back) and then Marla and I went out for lunch. So there I was looking at the menu at John's Place. Marla likes it because they have these awesomely decedent Belgian waffles with a great cream cheese sauce stuff. I tried it a long time ago and went into immediate diabetic shock. But she likes it and it doesn't hurt her.

So there I was looking over the menu for John's Place special breakfasts. http://www.johnsplace.ca/breakfast/ There really is nothing there for me to eat. Lots of sweet stuff, lots of food that normal people who like eating enough for three other people would really enjoy. My favourite John's Place meal was Huevos Rancheros but I couldn't finish eating it when I was big. Their meatloaf is great. But I scroll down to the bottom and find this cheap little omlette "The Good, The Bad and Simple Western." Only $5.95 and it is down to a choice between that and one lonely egg. This was my first shot at trying an omlette since the surgery. So here I gave it a go and it was fine. I couldn't eat much of it but for that little price I didn't mind.

I no longer get the value of meals out anymore. For the most part I only have a few spoons and am full, so that $15 entree is kind of a waste. We share meals out when we eat out but we have done that for ages. Although the tables have been turned and Marla gets the largest portion of the meal. Good thing we like the same stuff most of the time.

So tomorrow I go back to my office work. I am looking forward to it but I really did enjoy my time off. So back I go and hopefully get back into the swing of things quickly. My first big test will come on Wednesday when I return to the Interurban Cafeteria. That is one of my favourite food places. Really the goal is skip the food places and go to exercise.

I think I have to retrain my head to say "Go Exercise" when it is saying "Go Eat."

No comments:

Post a Comment